Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chapter 4- Picasso's Lie

In this chapter, Ms. Hussey tells the students to find an art object at home and share it with the class. She tells them it can be anything.

Think about what makes something a work of art. If you were to bring in an art object from home to share with the class, what would you pick and why?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would bring a painting of my family and tell them why I think it's a work of art. I would say it would show feeling and emotion.

Anonymous said...

I think a work of art is something people enjoy to seee all the time. Also I would bring a video game decause it is something I injoy

Anonymous said...

I think imagination makes a work of art be art. If I were to bring something I would bring a magnifacint painting that is on our wall.It is about a deer beside a lake, or river.

Anonymous said...

I think inspiration is what makes art. If I were to bring in an art object, it would be my newly finished painting. I would coose it, because it has no meaning, but it speaks out to me.

Anonymous said...

I would pick a painting that I made when I was really yong because I did not really paint anything( well I might have been trying) I was just exspecing my feelings.

Anonymous said...

I would bring one of my painting that I do for fun, something that tells people what I'm feeling. If I could do that, maybe the painting could go on a museum!

Anonymous said...

I guese I would bring in anything. To me, everything is somehow art.

Anonymous said...

I woul bring colored vase because it's so clorful and shiny.

Anonymous said...

I think art can be anything that somebody or something created. I would bring in a picture of my dog because Something created it

Anonymous said...

I would probaly bring in one of my paintings that I do in spare time. Because they look crazy.

Anonymous said...

I would bring a some thing from the past. Like an acient coins that I have or coins from another country. I think something that is regular to some people and unusual to other people would be a work of art because people could learn about different places and people.

Anonymous said...

I would probably bring in a drawing I made because I like to draw.

Anonymous said...

I would bring my Nintendo DS because to me games are a work of art. Did you know that they are made of a bajillion triangles.

Anonymous said...

I think a work of art is something everybody would enjoy to see.

Anonymous said...

I think A work of art is not only a painting but something that works and people like it.

Anonymous said...

I think a work of art is something that's different. Something that will catch someone's attenchion because it's unuasual.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think that Calder would be a great artist one day? A good work will always surprise me. If it was me, art means using you imagination.

Anonymous said...

I think a work ao art is something that your imagination takes controll of.Like a funny cartoon or even just a kindergarden finger paint.Even when you were little we all had bigger imaginations that let it self free when we were just painting or drawing.I would bring in a painting that I had done a while ago of the beach.I would tell everyone that it makes me feel relaxed as if I were really there.

Anonymous said...

Softball winner, that is a great comment! It is a little like my comment.

Braces said...

A rocking chair. No other char can rock bak and forth and back and forth like a rocking chair can!


It is also what 17,385 year-old retired old grandpas sit in.