Monday, May 12, 2008

Looking for Connections

Study the first 3 links under the art links category. You can search for Vermeer on the Metropolitan page to find more paintings by Vermeer.

What do you notice about all the paintings? What would you include in Petra and Calder's notebook?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I didn't think that Vermeer was a real painter. To me, his paintings look sad.

Anonymous said...

I think the paintings were about people back then who were writing letters.

Anonymous said...

Vermeer uses alot of the same colors in the paintings.

Anonymous said...

I like the paintings. They are dull but in a way are brite. What I am trying to say is the colors aren't brite but the things he painted are. I know it is wierd the way I say it, but to me there is something about the paintings that make it different. I have never seen a painting like those so it is unusual. Each painting has a person in it doing something.
It is straing because by looking at the picture you can't really tell exaculy what they are doing.

Anonymous said...

I think his pictures are very strange and it seems he is telling more things that you might think there are in the paintings.

Anonymous said...

His paintings are all a mystery to me. The colors he uses bring out the truth though.

Anonymous said...

I think some of them look sad, and the pictures show a lot of emotion.

Anonymous said...

I would put one big question mark right in the middle of the page. I really like the book, but it is startind to freak me out a little.

Braces said...

I noticed that in like all of the pictures in the book and some of the artwork has a frog.


Mysterios, right?